Sunday, March 26, 2017

The judgment of the Cross

The cross is tender
Rugged as it seems
Stripped away the Savior
Of all his hopes and dreams
The cross was brutal
Esposing humaness
As the savior suffered
I saw my sinfulness
The cross is honest
Exposing every fear
The cross is awkward
Showing that even God sheds tears
Some call it wonderful
Though Im afraid to touch
The nail scarred hands
Of One who sacrificed much
The cross is invasive
Dividing all my bones
The cross is a burden
That Jesus carried home
The cross is a demonstration
Of blood sweat and tears
That the Almighty bore
For the sin of all the years
It stands plain and sincere
As I look upon
The cross that was suffered
All my pride is gone
The cross is a vehicle
For the burden I hold close
The cross will carry it
Replacing it with hope
The cross carries judgement
But it is no longer mine
Death had judged Jesus
Freeing all mankind
Freedom that transcended
Boundaries,  space and time.

No comments:

Post a Comment