Sunday, April 2, 2017

This poem is kind of personal and its. Also sort of written in the theme of Passover, I hope that whoever reads this and can resonate with it can also find resolution as well as healing.

Captive
Captivity
Free in reality
Yet still behind bars
Every moment
A flashback
No rainbow matters
When the promise is splattered
Im afraid to dance
When given the chance
Because every moment
Has the potential
To lock behind me
Again
And erase the progress
Still the present
Undo every victory
I refuse to declare
Freedom,  now
Because somehow
Im still a slave
That's still my name
Someone come and undo the shame
Tired of being the one to blame
I'm not a prisoner
I'm not a criminal
So why do I act
Like a frightened animal?
The risk is minimal
Still Im afraid to take
Another chance
This circumstance
Is keeping me awake
And aware
And I wish I didnt care
But every time I turn around
The demon is standing there
A reminder of before
A prophet of tomorrow
Joy is all around
Yet Im suffocating in sorrow
I saw freedoms splendor
Only a moment ago
Please help me differentiate
What I see and what I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment