Sunday, March 19, 2017

That was me

That was me
In every portrait
Of every moment
In my life
There were times
I was on top of the world
And others when I just
Couldn't get it right
That was me
Picking up my own pieces
Never truly free
Completely unaware
Of the One who rescued me
When I was trapped inside myself
Unable to see
The fire within
Attempting to overcome
My own poverty
That was me
A pawn in the battle
Of the demons in my mind
A product of whichever
Thought won out this time
A game of roulette

With no certainty
A feather in the wind
Helpless,  that was me.
I had hands to grasp the tools
The weapons deep inside
Wielded by the fire
Burning in my mind
The internal war continues
But I'm prepared this time
Equipped to face the battlefield
Deep within my mind
No longer an observer
Helpless and afraid
Aware that each moment
I am being remade
Not a helpless child
Not knowing where to turn
A spirit free and wild
Deep within I burn
I choose my destiny
And choose how I'll respond
Im the victor, not the victim
Today,  and from now on
I will face the challenges
Sure and unafraid
I was not made to be helpless
For Im aware that I've been made.

No comments:

Post a Comment