Wednesday, May 26, 2021


Nowhere to turn

There's a fire

It's my fire

The whole wide world's

 going to watch me burn.

I wanna be caught

Wanna be taught

This novelty cannot be bought

So I steel

And run away

Hoping someone will catch me

Because that captivity means

Arms around me

My soul won't feel a thing

Til someone's found me

I play hide and seek with the world

I'm a mystery I'm that kind of girl

We all are in some way

All longing for the day

When we're held just right

Not like porcelain

Not too tight

The earth is not a mother

But her children are my brothers

We need one another

I'm a fugitive

Running from someone else's mistakes

I'm a nomad

Wandering in rubbish

I did not create

I am a product

Of a series of unjust fates

I'm a warrior

It's not a choice I made

If you find me

Do not return to sender

Keep me with you

It can't get worse

So you must be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment