Wednesday, May 26, 2021

 I can't undo your tangles


I can't undo your tangles

I truly wish i could

I wish I could fix this

Because you know I would

I cannot undo tangles

The once I didn't tie

What I have to offer

Is simply standing by.

I can be a presence

Catch the tears that fall

I can be the one

Who answers when you call

I am not a healer

Though healing is the goal

I simply am two arms to wrap

Around your heart and soul

It is not for you to decide

How others respond to your pain

Everybody gives comfort

In their own way

Most people aren't problem solvers

As much as they'd like to be

I cannot solve your problems

But you can always count on me

The tangles will unfurl

In their own time and way

But would you allow me

To sit with you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment