Friday, June 7, 2019

I heard our song today
Your eyes bounced up and down
To its melody
Half smile as time froze
Into a moment's ice cube
I held on
Like a zip line
My heart, aching, knew
Midnight would strike too soon
Horses would be mice again
You would be gone
Eyes vacant
As seconds tic on
Our story enscribed
You bid it goodbye
Fingers unfurled
As the words escaped
Like a breath
We danced
You ran off
To where no one could find you.
I stopped believing you would come back
Your breath was there
Eyes fluttering heart beating
Mind vacant
It's not you
Our song plays
For a moment you are alive
The melody revives your soul
Our gazes dance
Temporary romance
Until the music fades
I see you slip away
Cruelly and bitterly I wish time
Would shut up
Let the darkness encompass you
So you no longer forget my name
Frustration spilling tears
Of shame
I am the thiefs stranger
He stole your awareness
Of us
Our song plays once again
As you temporarily come alive
Dancing with your eyes
With a prince
Whose name you'll never know
This side of forever. 🌹

No comments:

Post a Comment