Friday, April 12, 2019

Are you my mother?

It's a sarcastic question
Because you fasten my buttons
And I'm old enough to vote
I've been writing since I was 5
But when I sign my name- you gloat
The only comfort I ride on
Is other sons are in the same boat
Its not that I'm not flattered
Its just I'm flattened out with praise
Not that I am ashamed of you
I just need solitary days
Its Not that I don't love you
The opposite is true
Its just that liked chopped liver
I'm smoshed and smushed bye you!
I've been 30 for ten years now
Thats 40 to you Ma
Theres a 4 in there somewhere
But I became adult somehow
I'm fully capable of being
My own person my own man
I do not mean to hurt you
And I hope you understand
I'm nothing but grateful
Devoted and true
I just need a minute
Without gusts of praise for you
I know this script might kill you
But that's totally ok
Because if you go to heaven
I'll be there the same day
What is heaven really?
Without your favorite son
But I hope that it is vast
Shall I ever need to run!

No comments:

Post a Comment