Sunday, July 1, 2018

Only you

I never imagined
Saying goodbye
Never imagined anything other than us
One love
Written in the sky
Our brokenness bound together
By a promise to not let go
There was only you
I held onto
In the storms
My dancing partner in the downpour
I rehearsed what I would say
The day we met but why
Did I not rehearse
How to say goodbye?
My love for you is selfish
So much in it for me
Our love together is reckless
Fulfillment of a fantasy.
Our love together is real
It makes me want to cry
When I think about the future
How I have to say goodbye.
I've said see you later
I've said clean up this mess
I've asked your opinion
Over the purchase of a dress.
Made so many promises
Some that I've kept to
I cannot promise that I'll be able
To say goodbye to you.
This is not our fairy tale
Everything feels wrong
I am so damn tired
Of pretending to be strong.
When I say that I'm ok
Understand that its a lie
Im sorry for saying nothing
But Im afraid to say goodbye
Sorry I've been so distant
So sorry I've been away
I've run off like a coward
When I really want to stay.
I want to hold your hand
And cry into your arms
I thought that i could lose you
One moment at a time
That watching you slip away
Would be completely fine.
Because it is practical
And what I had to do
But I am too deep in love
To say goodbye to you.
I will take your hand
Cry into your shirt
Let love cover me like nightfall
No matter how it hurts
I can say goodbye to anything
That this life asks me to
But I know that with my final breath
I'll hold onto only you.

No comments:

Post a Comment