Sunday, February 26, 2017

Faith can move mountains
Praise flows like fountains
But doubt can turn faith
Inside out

Like an earthquake
Makes your soul shake
And all that you know
Vanishes.....like so

I used to write praise
Prayer and confession
Now all I write is question after question
And I'm tired
Has my faith expired?

One by one my fingers are letting loose
Of all of the truth
I used to hold on to
Im letting go
Im losing control
I doubt everything
That I thought I used to know
It creeps into my being slow and steady like a cancer
Moment by moment
It steals every answer
I had before the doubt crept in
When i closed the door on doubtful sin
Now,  where do I begin?
The doorway of my soul
Opens to a wreck
Everything is torn apart
And I am scared to death
I shouted faith from the rooftop
Now I close my ears
And scream at doubt to STOP
I don't want to fight
Just take a bow its over now
Stay out of my life!
I want those moments
When im walking on air
I have a million questions
But I do not even care
Because every time I turn around
Jesus is there.
Now I feel like
He has disappeared
All that's left is an empty room
But it was empty
When they rolled away the tomb
He was nowhere to be found
Yet He was everywhere
When He ascended from the ground
He turned the world around
Turned the devil's tricks and plans upside down.
Though my doubts still beat like a drum
Inside my ears
I rise above fear
Because I know the One
Its a battle every day
And I take his hand
Feeling like a blind man
When I don't understand
I walk just as wounded as before
But step by step with Jesus
Im aspiring for more.
I follow His footsteps
With uncertain feet
Descending into battle
When doubt and faith will meet
There will be bloodshed
Faith ultimately will win
I know that tomorrow
I will go to war again.

No comments:

Post a Comment