Sunday, February 5, 2017

Etched in sand. You gave me Everything

You gave me my name
Said you gave me everything
Everything I need.
The fire burning inside of me.
The blows to my frame
And my self esteem
To dismembering my emotions
Setting my life into motion.
You created me.
I could have been a monster
Filling your shoes with my feet
But I became a warrior
Yes, you created me.
Every disappointment
Every moment skipping town
You took away my normal
And turned my world around.
Security,  non existent
Safety,  just a dream
Yes you created me
And you gave me everything.
The sting of rejection
The blows of your rage
Filled the years of my life
They were the words on every page.
I was a child
Left on my own
And the kindest thing you ever did
Was leave me alone.
Years went by
I never changed my name
I reinvented its legacy
Destroyed all of its shame.
All the years polluted with fear
Beat inside my heart
Along with the regret
Of a family torn apart.
You created me
You were the provider
In your twisted fantasy
You created a disturber
When you raised me.
I upset the normal abnormality
That defined our lives
Took the dysfunction
That we all felt inside
Became a champion for justice
And I was justified.
My life had a purpose
Every painful year
Every mile of your jalopy
Every bitter tear.
Every breathless moment
Entertaining fear
Was the fuel of my fire
And that fuel never wains
You gave me everything
Everything I need for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment