Saturday, April 11, 2020

We're gathered at the table
We pray no-one will kvetch
The prayers are lasting too long
When will it be time to stretch
Aunt Ruthies perfume
Makes me want to sneeze!
Was that Elijah at the window?
Or just a spring time breeze?
Can my cousin please not kick me
Underneath the seat?
If he does it one more time
I swear he is dead meat
and by the way, MOTHER!
When is it time to eat?
She tells me to shush!
It's just a minute more
Uncle Morty won't stop kibbitzing
He is such a bore.
I'm not eating the gefilte
Looks too much like cat food
Bubbe says to take a bite
If I don't it will be rude.
We look for afikomen
Cousin Shira takes the lead
But this is my house
She'd better remember
That I'm the matza king
I find it in the cupboard
The little kids burst into tears
Hey, it is my dollar
I find it every year.
The seders finally over
Bubbe coughs, ahem!
I give her a kiss,
She whispers " Next year in Jerusalem!"

No comments:

Post a Comment