Thursday, October 24, 2019

I can draw
A self portrait with my words
By erasing.
Tell you who I'm not.
So your expectations ease.
And you see me.
I'm not the strangers best friend.
I'm not a cheerleader.
My brain doesn't do that, and my lips cannot.
I'm void of false enthusiasm.
Its my version of impossible.
Doesn't mean I'm not unstoppable.
I'm a force.
But I'm more gravity than wind.
Silent and strong.
I'm not a strangers best friend.
Not the name tag on my head.
Im not your handshake
Your welcome.
I'm a silent observer
Self preserver and a learned.
My heart cheers like a crowd
Just not out loud
I'm not the strangers best friend.
And if you are?
I'm not yours.
But qe cheer together
Silent and loud
Banned together
Together and proud
You shout phrases
I'll echo in prayer
I may not say a word
But take my word.
I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment