Saturday, August 17, 2019

I like myself
And my hard head
The things I've not accomplished yet
I like myself and my lack thereof
Nonetheless I'm worthy of love.
The habits I have yet to break
The smiles I have yet to fake
Adversity I've yet to overcome
I like me because I am someone.
The messes I've not cleaned up yet
All the appointments I forget
The disappointment I've created
Renders me only human, not hated.
I like me for its my calling
To love myself even when I'm falling
Love is a commandment to
Include eveyone, including you.
You are allowed to fall apart
But never ever deny your heart
I like myself because I am
I like myself and I'll say it again
When I've failed when I'm lost
I like myself at any cost
I will not join the opinion of
Those who deem me unworthy of love
I have better songs to sing
Promise has given me a ring
I am crowned with righteousness
Simply because it exists.
A product of the uncertainties of life
Disheveled but will be alright
I stand tall even when I slump
I'm regal, for I am someone.
I like that when I am a mess
I still am completely blessed.
Not a product from past mistakes
I'm a warrior, was born that way.
I like myself and all I'm not
I like myself when I'm all I've got
This world can put my on a stage
Tell me how to act my age
Advice is not always sage
Every fad is just a phase.
I like me just the way
I am on any given day
I will stand tall knowing I
 am accepted without even trying
You are loved and you should too
Love yourself, be amazingly you.

No comments:

Post a Comment