Sunday, February 17, 2019

Him

He's was lost
Sweet and sudden
Our bear
Protector
I don't have any pictures
To recreate the image
The contentment taken for granted
He was the always
The sobriety
I never knew existed
The invisible glue
Til he unraveled
I unraveled too
Hosting the addictions
Writing pages too fast
Escaping the new reality
Racing to the past
Him
There new nightmare
The paranoia
Stay away
My life is quivering normal
Its on a teeter totter of....ok
Doing all I can
To keep it that way
I've got a racket
Shes got a ticket
Questions
Shes not afraid
I was incredibly angry
Over their encounter that day
He.
Heal
Healing
No.
Only a stranger
I won't let go
He lives in their basement
The gentle captive ghost
My heart full of grief
Is his reluctant host
How could a stranger
Shady full of shame
Erase the hold of memories
We know only his first name
The dark side of lost love
Mysterious and old
Maybe in a way
He is not so cold
Have to let go
Allow time to do its bidding
It makes little sense
Though in some way
It's also very fitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment