Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Pound for pound

The disease stole everything 
Its probably not the 1st thing i want to say 
Lest i let the morbid
Push itself in the way
But the disease stole everything 
Everything went wrong
But step by step I was reminded
That my life is still a song
Its a saga tickled with suspense 
The frightening pendulum between 
Desire and common sense 
Was the story of my life
That moment when you cry out
For just one moment to feel right 
Beauty was my wrapping paper
Ambition my reserve
The reality that i was lacking 
The slightest hint of nerve
I never wanted to be rescued
It seemed too far away
A series of successful 
Healthy peaceful days
Life runs in waves of motion
In the middle of a round
Of neverending emotion 
Something else was found
An unfolding of undoing
Of damage thru the years
Instead of pounds for once
I shed triumphant tears
I am not a healer 
Healing has taken place 
In the form of tongues licking 
Tears from my face
Day by day theres
Progress
Progression paves the way
For new beginnings 
Renewed every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment