Sunday, May 28, 2017

Permission

Permission

Permission has the word mission in it
Everybody seems to have a mission these days
The word Zen pops up in my mind
To describe myself
Though I rarely feel tranquil
The buzz of human traffic
All around me is a manic
Frantic reminder
That i gotta do something.
All I want to do is observe
Then write about it.
But I don't want a deadline
That's not selfish.
God did not stamp a deadline
On our birth certificate
Babies are pacified
But big humans are hurried by
I just want to look up at the sky
And count the clouds and wonder why
Experience the breeze
Postpone the degrees
Learn
One heartbeat at a time
Not standing in line
We are not the same
Your rhythm isn't meant
To coincide with mine
Life is not linear
The Creator created a horizon
If life were a parade
Id not continue it's charade
I love my neighbors
But we are not the same
We grow one moment at a time
Together,  yet perfectly disheveled
Time attempts to reduce us
To a humanistic level
All the while we
Climb our way back to the stars
The origin of galaxies
To discover who we are.


No comments:

Post a Comment